Other Serious Violations of the Driving License Law
If you commit any of the following misdemeanors, you could be eligible for a fine or even face jail time:
- Altering your driving license in any form. All alterations to the license have to be conducted by the Division responsible.
- Using your license in an illegal way, can also be interpreted as giving another person the authority to use your license.
- Manufacturing a false submission for an identification card or driving license.
- Acquiring more than 1 driving license for Florida.
- Giving permission for driving your car to someone who does not possess a valid driving license, or allowing someone to rent a car without showing a driving license.
- Making fraudulent accounts in the courtroom or to an office of the law.
- Deliberately giving fake data for crash or accident reports.
- Intentionally ignoring to provide information for crash or accident reports.
Insurance Laws for Motor Vehicles in Florida
In total there are two insurance laws for motor vehicles in Florida. The first one is the No-Fault Law and the second one is the Financial Responsibility Law. It is imperative that people are well informed about the afore mentioned laws so that they acquire the adequate insurance, not doing so can result in losing the license plate(s) and the driving license for you, which can only be reinstated through the payment of exorbitant fees.
The Law of Financial Responsibility
The law of financial responsibility states that all operators and owners of motor vehicles have to take responsibility in terms of finances, damages or injuries to other people when involved in a motor vehicle accident. The rule governing this law entails that all drivers must obtain the liability insurance of bodily injury in preparation, should the following events occur:
- A court order for DUI that can result in your license being revoked. In the event of such cases you should prepare the subsequent minimum coverage of insurance:
- Bodily Injury Liability (BIL) of $100,000 (applicable for1 individual).
- Bodily Injury Liability of $300,000 applicable for 2 or more individuals.
- Property Damage Liability of $50,000 (PDL).
You will be facing a driving license suspension along with your license plate(s) which will be applicable for a time period of 3 years, if you fail to meet the necessary insurance to conform to the Law of Financial Responsibility. Furthermore, if you want your privileges for driving back, you will be required to settle payment in the form of a restoration fee and also demonstrate authorized evidence regarding insurance for complete legal responsibility on Form FR – 44, for a period of at least 3 years which starts from the date of your license getting suspended.
- If you qualify for a suspension due to exorbitant points collected on your driving license.
- If you are involved in an accident, where you are liable for the injuries and damage inflicted.
- If you have your license revoked by qualifying for the Habitual Traffic Offender (HTO).
- If you have your license annulled due to a transgression where the division was forced to rescind your driving license.
All the aforementioned occurrences with the exception of DUI will require you to obtain the subsequent minimum coverage insurance:
- Bodily Injury Liability (BIL) of $10,000 (applicable for 1 individual)
- Bodily Injury Liability of $20,000 applicable for 2 or more individuals.
- Property Damage Liability (PDL) of $10,000, or
- Joint solitary restrictions of $30,000.
If you find yourself caught up in any of the aforementioned infringements, and you have not acquired the adequate insurance that conforms to the Law of Financial Responsibility, you may find your license plates and driving license annulled for a period of approximately 3 years. To acquire your driving privileges again, you will be required to settle payment in the form of a restoration fee for $15 and also provide authentic evidence regarding insurance for absolute responsibility on Form SR – 22 for a period of at least 3 years which starts from the date of your license getting suspended. According to the rules of this law, you are required to obtain liability insurance for all motor vehicles that you drive, for the protection and well being of everyone, yourself included.